ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 10-01-10, 02:12 AM

perki3 is on a distinguished road
Quick Resistance

I recently started taking Adderall for ADD inattentive. But I've noticed that It's effectiveness has been dropping off. I took it a few months ago, and when I had it I only used it when I really needed it. I started school again about a month ago and started up again a few days ago and I'm already noticing that it doesn't quite help as much as it did before. I have noticed that I can be very resistant to caffeine. I've been able to down an energy drink that has like 300 mgs of caffeine in a few minutes and then lay right down and sleep. It takes about a week of no caffeine to have any effect, and that is usually just the one time.

What I'm wondering, is, is it normal to be that resistant to stimulants? Anyone else hear of anything like this?