ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-11-10, 08:56 PM
ADDvanced Member

Rune will become famous soon enough
Adderall Sleep Dementia ??

I've posted up a few threads lately as I'm trying to sort through my very obviously "This is not me" mentality. I'm on 30MG IR 2x a day. A few weeks back, I took a 3 week med break, as there was alot of stress at work, and with the meds it was really helping to destroy me. I was turning into a spastic nightmare. Now I'm back on the meds and things are not much better.

For prolly about the last 6 weeks, I feel like I have just been falling apart mentally. I can get a solid 8 hours of sleep and wake up feeling like I never went to bed. Totally spent and exhausted. The suppression of appetite is back again as well, except this time, trying to make myself eat just proceeds to cause waves of nausea. I keep protein bars near by so that I'm at least getting some food into my system. My short term memory is shot. I keep forgetting things, only to remember them days latter at random.

My rage factor is at an all-time high. I've always had temper issues, but over the years have learned to control them. Now its like the smallest thing sets me off on a pretty explosive rage. Thankfully I've managed to suppress it long enough to get away from people at work, but as the stupidity level raises there, I know its just going to keep getting harder and harder. Things like slow people now turns into a "Get the f*** out of my way you stupid slow MF." Stupid petty things that really should have no effect.

I'm almost always tired and unmotivated now. The meds get me through work, but my productivity has gone from 100% to like 30%. I'm just in one of those very self destructive I don't give a f*** anymore moods. Completely bored off my butt, and have no where to channel my energy. At least in the summer I could hop on the Jetski and ride. Now with the cold and the rain that's out. Most of the time I can't even walk the dog.

Every once in a while I'll get these moments of clarity, where I can look on everything that I'm doing and thinking, and go woo... Things are not right. Its like most of the time I'm functioning under the veil of paranoia and dementia. And for the life of me I can't figure out if its meds, environment, stress, if I'm loosing my mind... . The more I research and look into this it seems like alot of it is related to the sleeping. Alot of what I'm dealing with seems to fall very closely in line with the signs of sleep deprivation. But I don't get what could be causing me to be physically asleep, but yet my mind is not benefiting. I've never had the Adderall cause this effect before, so that's why I'm hesitant to blame the meds.

Despite all of this I still haven't gone to a Dr. yet because I want to be able to have something definitive to give to him. I'm afraid he's just going to say its the Adderall, here try something else, and I'm going to go back into the Med battle which I've dealt with plenty of times. Ritalin class drugs don't work for me. Only Adderall. And I don't want him to just give me more mood enhancing drugs. I'm convinced that our Dr.s screw up /kill more people by just handing out meds like candy. Got a problem...we have a med for that. Over-medicating people is not the solution. You need to find the root cause is, and then figure out how to fix it. Not just mask it. I'm also afraid that I'll go in and he'll say I have some other mental condition which will then cause me to lose my CPL. I've been screwed by so many doctors and bad diagnosis over the years that I don't really trust them to make a sound decision. Too much money and people now, for them to really do a good job. I tend to trust forums and groups of like minded people more simply because we have more of a vested interest in finding a solution. It's personal to us.

So with all of this having been said and done, has anyone else experienced what I am describing? Even if there are only parts that you can relate too, what did you do to solve it? I'm much more open to herbal supplement suggestions as well if you have found certain ones that work for you. At this point I'm definitely making a last ditch plea to see if anybody has a solution or idea as to what I'm dealing with. It sucks and I can only see it getting worse, and I really don't want to deal with a Dr. if I can avoid it.

Thanks!
Any thoughts and opinions expressed within are solely that. My own thoughts and opinions. What is said is from my own view or interpretation of what happened or is posted. Take what is said under advisement, but never over what a medical professional recommends. Any scenario mentioned may be real or may be from my own little world of reality. Use caution. Results may vary.
Old 10-29-10, 01:44 AM
ADDvanced Member

Rune will become famous soon enough
Re: Adderall Sleep Dementia ??

Took some time but I figured out the solution. Woohoo........ I was having Sun withdrawl. Cranked it up to 3000MG of D3 a day for two weeks.....major major improvement. So if anyone is dealing with this issue try upping you D vitamin for a while. D3 is a natural mood enhancer.
Any thoughts and opinions expressed within are solely that. My own thoughts and opinions. What is said is from my own view or interpretation of what happened or is posted. Take what is said under advisement, but never over what a medical professional recommends. Any scenario mentioned may be real or may be from my own little world of reality. Use caution. Results may vary.
Old 06-19-12, 05:52 PM

SaintJ is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Adderall Sleep Dementia ??

Hi there - I realize this post is very old so not sure this reply will even be seen; however I am very interested to know how this turned out and if/how these issues were resolved - unfortunately almost every one of them is very familiar
Sponsored Links