ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-10, 04:33 AM
Jr Member

posteradd is on a distinguished road
ADD and OCD (trying to avoid looking at breasts)

I am the poster child for ADD (Inattentive type)..was diagnosed a year back.
My life COMPLETLY changed after that..and all that..

I also suffer from an OCD. It involves trying NOT to look the breasts of women, especially those women I am not supposed to look.

Phobia : Staring at breasts.
Affect : Trying not to look, there by looking at them..embarrassment...anxiety...I better stay at home.

I would like to know if anyone of you have this kind of OCD?
is ADD somehow responsible for this OCD?
Old 10-16-10, 05:09 AM

snickerz is on a distinguished road
Re: ADD and OCD (trying to avoid looking at breasts)

tbh dont think its anything to do with adhd would say all men are like that lol
Old 10-16-10, 07:41 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,738 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's pretty normal...

are you getting embarassed b/c you are being called out on it, or you just assume it is noticed??
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-10, 07:45 AM
ADDvanced Member

bumpey has disabled reputation

Wheres the poster?

Looking at breats your not supposed to look at? is that your mothers?

Are you a girl? as that would describe the problem you have, solution, choose different freinds.

Most women would be offended if you didn't, posibly not in indea tho.

I think this is the best first post i've ever read!
Old 10-16-10, 07:55 AM

Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,738 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpey View Post
Wheres the poster?

Looking at breats your not supposed to look at? is that your mothers?

Are you a girl? as that would describe the problem you have, solution, choose different freinds.

Most women would be offended if you didn't, posibly not in indea tho.

I think this is the best first post i've ever read!
Oh he/she is in India. Much more strict social rules, I think... that would be very hard and upsetting!

Eye contact is difficult for us ADD'ers.... I know a couple other people look at someone's nose when talking to them, to avoid the struggle with looking elsewhere. Maybe that could help in your situation??

Please try not to feel too embarassed. There is something quite mezmerizing about boobs for just about everyone, except gay men... and some of them will abmit to liking them just a little as well.
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
Old 10-16-10, 07:59 AM

Thanked 5,167 Times in 2,444 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit this used to stress me too.
So how is one supposed to respond?
Averting ones eyes from beauty somehow seemed inappropriate too.
I hate double binds.
Quantum physics points out that the study of the universe and the study of consciousness are inseparably linked, and that ultimate progress in the one will be impossible without progress in the other. The discovery of the quantum nature of our universe can literally transform the course of human history.
Paul Levy

The Following User Says Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
Impetus (10-16-10)
Old 10-16-10, 08:28 AM
ADDvanced Member

bumpey has disabled reputation

The problem is when 'trying not to' you do more of, as the focus is on it.

Nearest i can think, gymnasts, cars motorbikes, you go where you look, if you see a tree you'll hit it, so look away, for the gap/space, consentrate on something else.

That is easier said than done of course, I don't know but good luck, maybe apreciate the curves, jewelry, clothes and coment on them, tho not the curves bit!, not many guys do that, me included.

I find indian girls normaly more beutiful anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bumpey For This Useful Post:
Impetus (10-16-10), Kunga Dorji (10-16-10)
Old 10-16-10, 09:24 AM
Jr Member

I am a 30 yr old Male, and yes, right now I am in India.But I live in US.

This is a serious problem and thousands of people suffer from it. It has nothing to do with culture or nationality...lot of Americans suffer from it too..just too embarrassed to ask help..

check out this thread : http://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

http://www.ocdhelpdoc.com/2009/06/jo...g-at-privates/

I strongly suspect that my ADD is responsible for this OCD.
I love my ADD, btw.
Old 10-16-10, 09:39 AM
ADDvanced Member

babidi is on a distinguished road

This thread reminds of this scene in a movie: LOL!
Old 10-16-10, 10:00 AM
ADDvanced Member

babidi is on a distinguished road

I've been diagnosed with ADD/Depression and I might have OCD as well. I don't have this problem.

I think you just have to practice/improve your self control by not staring. Keep self discipline. Over time you will improve to maintain eye contact and not stare.

I remember in uni during lab/prac there were 2 males (including me) and 2 females on the table/desk. This 1 female was really hot and she wore clothes every week, as if her breasts were gonna overflow (really low cleavage and her breasts were big)! It's as if her breast needs to breathe or something! The guy gets caught every week blatantly staring at that girl's breast. Even the other girl gets distracted by her breasts. While I'm just concentrating at the board/front.

Also remember this quote, "What's the deal with boobs/breasts/tits anyway?! They're just sacks of fat that don't do anything!" (Apart from feeding babies.)
Old 10-16-10, 11:17 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

ThinkingOutLoud is a jewel in the roughThinkingOutLoud is a jewel in the roughThinkingOutLoud is a jewel in the rough

I may be in the minority, but if someone looks at my chest that Im talking with I find it very offensive unless they are complimenting me on my top/shirt.

so if you find yourself looking, try to shoot out a compliment on the color or print. then if you do it again, reenforce how much you like the print.

ex: I have a spagetti strap pink top with an AR-15 on it (I love it) and wear in the summer. so if someone looks at my chest and some type of firearm topic, approval or dissaproval comes up that is fine, and dont take offense if they look again... it is a cool top.

but looking to just look... no, that bugs me

maybe if you could try to focus on some other part of her.

if I see someone that their chest is falling out and they do not look 'normal' ... meaning DD and 110 lbs or are bad implants I have trouble not looking. so I look at their face and determine if her makeup is applied correctly and if the colors are correct and where something should be done differently, and how her hair affects her face and what should be done with it.

maybe a dr can help you work on ways to help you.
Old 10-16-10, 11:45 AM
Jr Member

Badidi, Sorry to say this..but I refuse to believe that even adders in adder's forum are still talking about self control,discipline and practice...the three scrooges with their leader ..the 'Will'. What are we...Nietzscheans now?

I am not saying that we cannot cure certain anxiety disorders with philosophy alone..but that philosophy should have basis in understanding..not control.

I just want to understand, and your experiences may help.
The Following User Says Thank You to posteradd For This Useful Post:
Kunga Dorji (10-16-10)
Old 10-16-10, 12:07 PM
ADDvanced Member

livingpharaoh has a spectacular aura aboutlivingpharaoh has a spectacular aura about

I think a bigger problem is daydreaming while a woman is talking and then unconsiously looking at her boobs and then snapping out of the daydream.....uh oh
The Following User Says Thank You to livingpharaoh For This Useful Post:
bumpey (10-18-10)
Old 10-16-10, 03:32 PM

Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpey View Post
The problem is when 'trying not to' you do more of, as the focus is on it.

Nearest i can think, gymnasts, cars motorbikes, you go where you look, if you see a tree you'll hit it, so look away, for the gap/space, consentrate on something else.

That is easier said than done of course, I don't know but good luck, maybe apreciate the curves, jewelry, clothes and coment on them, tho not the curves bit!, not many guys do that, me included.

I find indian girls normaly more beutiful anyway.
So true!
As a beginner skier my skis always seemed to have rock or precipice magnets attached to them.

Bottom line is you cant control your thoughts by forcing them, and you cant force yourself not to think about something difficult unless you are thinking about the thing you don't want to think about.
It is an old Eastern Medicine trick:
"Take this medication and do not think of a monkey for a week, then you will recover."
Bottom line is- if you master this trick - you really will be well- because you will have learned to meditate.

I don't know about more beautiful ( I'm all for variety), but Indian girls can be very easy on the eye.

It is kind of ungenerous not to acknowledge the "whole person" (personality, brains and sexuality) though, is it not?
Quantum physics points out that the study of the universe and the study of consciousness are inseparably linked, and that ultimate progress in the one will be impossible without progress in the other. The discovery of the quantum nature of our universe can literally transform the course of human history.
Paul Levy

bumpey (10-18-10)
Old 10-16-10, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by posteradd View Post
Badidi, Sorry to say this..but I refuse to believe that even adders in adder's forum are still talking about self control,discipline and practice...the three scrooges with their leader ..the 'Will'. What are we...Nietzscheans now?

I am not saying that we cannot cure certain anxiety disorders with philosophy alone..but that philosophy should have basis in understanding..not control.

I just want to understand, and your experiences may help.
Nicely put.
Self knowledge trumps self control.
The control and discipline brigade are the ones who are largely responsible for causing our ADD in the first place. ( aka Neurotypicals)
Paul Levy

bumpey (10-18-10)