ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you focus better before showers?
Yeah 3 13.64%
Nope 12 54.55%
It doesn't impact my focus 1 4.55%
I've never thought about it before (unsure) 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-10, 06:36 PM
Contributor

anonone will become famous soon enough
Is it easier focussing before a shower or after?

Hey, I know it's easy to get focused on, "oh crap, I need to shower pretty soon here" thoughts before a shower, and also "I feel icky right now" thoughts, But, putting those aside, is it easier to remain focused before shower, after showering, or does it not even effect you.

Lately I've been playing around with the idea that taking a nice warm shower with nice, purified city water, and then abruptly being frozen to shivers might actually have an impact on my ability to focus. Specifically, my ability to 'not daydream' seems to be at issue. I find it much easier to daydream, and not think about what I need to be thinking about after the shower. I'm still studying the issue in myself, but today I postponed my shower till 5:00PM (didn't have to go out today and needed to study bad ). After the shower, I'm finding it a tad more difficult to keep my focus, and before the shower, I was working pretty exceptionally (way bettern than yesterday anyway).

Oh, also, I get this feeling like... idk, the yesterday is today until I show. Does that make sense? Lol, prolly not, but I gotta hurry back to studying.

Is reading uncomfortable? Join the subgroup! To Be Renamed
Old 10-24-10, 06:47 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 9,604 Times in 5,249 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it easier focussing before a shower or after?

I focused while i was in the shower till either there was no more hot water or mom turned on the faucet yeeeoooww
Old 10-24-10, 06:51 PM

Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,258 Posts
BouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond repute

I have a lot of focus in the shower. LOL

I need to invent the portable shower system.
RedHairedWitch (10-24-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-10, 07:06 PM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Hell I have my best brain storms and inventions in there.Now its in the making just gotta figure out how to capitalize on em then it'll be $$$$$$$$$.
Old 10-24-10, 07:07 PM

What happened! I wasnt paying attention I was trying to get into the shower
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (10-25-10)
Old 10-24-10, 11:04 PM
Contributor

anonone will become famous soon enough

oh noez, I meant to put an option for "I'm able to focus better after showering" ...I thought nope covered it, lol. thanks for the input so far everybody!

Is reading uncomfortable? Join the subgroup! To Be Renamed
Old 10-24-10, 11:42 PM

Thanked 3,784 Times in 1,933 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

I do some of my best thinking in the shower.

Phaedrus

Old 10-24-10, 11:45 PM

Thanked 8,273 Times in 2,786 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

In and after shower.
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
Old 10-25-10, 04:09 AM

Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,185 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future

I focus easier while taking a shower and after.
Showers make my body and mind feel fresh.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, And Multiple Phobias.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
Old 10-25-10, 04:14 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Scooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud of

Showers good for me, mainly because in the morning I'm a complete zombie until I get in the shower, but also I think its the physical sensation of the water, it's calming on my mind and body.
Old 10-25-10, 01:45 PM

jd-adhd is on a distinguished road

In the shower has always been a relaxing place for me.
1. It is a place where your normally not disturbed by anyone.
2. The noise of the shower water hitting the tub is relaxing.
3. The noise of the shower drowns out many other surrounding noises and makes for a more isolated environment.

A bath is not the same as running water from the shower. Though I like to sit down with the shower running and will do so until the water is gone. A calm bath will bore me within minutes.

J
The Following User Says Thank You to jd-adhd For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (10-25-10)