ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-10, 12:44 AM
ADDvanced Member

Simfish is a jewel in the roughSimfish is a jewel in the roughSimfish is a jewel in the rough
Do you often edit your own posts after posting them?

My posts almost always contain the word "edited by Simfish X-X-XXXX". Oftentimes I make the incomplete post, and then the adrenaline rush of potential humiliation really makes me alert enough to finish the post.
Old 10-25-10, 02:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,095 Times in 1,195 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future
Re: Do you often edit your own posts after posting them?

I always have to edit my posts.
I either misspell a word or the post sounds wrongly put together.

I think a lot of people with ADHD or OCD edit their posts, but you never know.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, Agoraphobia, paranoia.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
The Following User Says Thank You to StoicNate For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (10-25-10)
Old 10-25-10, 03:41 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,343 Times in 6,093 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean there is people who don't edit their post??? If I write any more than a sentence or two I end up editing it at least once.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-10, 11:38 AM

Thanked 2,519 Times in 1,267 Posts
BouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicNate View Post

Same here.
Old 10-25-10, 12:15 PM

Thanked 23,691 Times in 10,955 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouCoupDinkyDau View Post
Same here.
I edit my posts so often that I don't always bother to leave a note saying "edited for typos". Which means sometimes I left out a word or two, sometimes I misspelled a word, I forgot to remove what I wrote first before I rewrote it better, stuff like that. Maybe not every post, but at least half of them. *le sigh*

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (10-25-10)
Old 10-25-10, 12:47 PM

Thanked 13,641 Times in 5,040 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Lunacie. I do the very same thing.

What I hate is that I have proofread before posting, I proofread AFTER posting... and I still miss stuff.

*sigh too*

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
Komod0Dragon (10-26-10), StoicNate (10-25-10)
Old 10-25-10, 01:40 PM

jd-adhd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDTigger View Post

What I hate is that I have proofread before posting, I proofread AFTER posting... and I still miss stuff.

*sigh too*
The spell checker that underlines words as I type helps a lot, but I still sometimes will type something other than what I was thinking. Then the worst thing is I read it and it looks right, but only later realize that what I wrote does not make sense to anyone else. I will use the word NOW instead of NOT and I won't catch it even when I proof read and sometimes that sounds really bad, e.g. I might mean to say: I am not going to go beat someone up. And I write, And I am now going to go beat someone up...

I have been embarrassed multiple times when I have done something with the word now instead of not.

J
The Following User Says Thank You to jd-adhd For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (10-25-10)
Old 10-25-10, 02:00 PM

gadiac is on a distinguished road

It takes me about 10-20mins to post to a forum with correcting spelling mistakes and reading and re-reading to see if it makes sense.

Hence why my post count is so low, its just too much work
Old 10-25-10, 07:20 PM
ADDvanced Member

WhoaaaaaI'mADD will become famous soon enough

Most of the time, especially unmedicated, I do. Either this or I take about a half hour (like gadiac above) to post something. I have to think about how it'll be taken and correct ANY spelling/grammar mistakes. This goes for Facebook too. Then when I post i'll reread again and edit if there are any mistakes. On medication, I've found, I'm much less picky and write my posts more quickly.
Old 10-25-10, 07:31 PM

Thanked 2,519 Times in 1,267 Posts
BouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDTigger View Post

*sigh too*
YEAH! I'm with both of you! What is up with that, anyways?

If I have a really involved response, I'll type it out in MS Word and then do a cut and paste with probably two proofs and a spell check before I hit the post button--and I still have to go back in and change things for clarity or intent, as well as fixing typos, spelling, and grammar!

*triple sigh and hands thrown up in the air*

Edit -
And I just edited THIS post!
2nd edit -
And again!
3rd edit - And again, but only because I wanted to celebrate my 300th post.
The Following User Says Thank You to BouCoupDinkyDau For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (10-27-10)
Old 10-25-10, 08:02 PM
Contributor

Princess Moon is a glorious beacon of lightPrincess Moon is a glorious beacon of lightPrincess Moon is a glorious beacon of lightPrincess Moon is a glorious beacon of lightPrincess Moon is a glorious beacon of light

I edit posts a lot.
Old 10-26-10, 01:54 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

AbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant futureAbsentMindProf has a brilliant future

I do this quite frequently. Somehow, I just can't stand to see typos or unclear sentences in my posts.
Old 10-26-10, 02:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

kaossalami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicNate View Post

This is how I feel almost about eevery post..either mispellings.. how I word things or to add information I think I forgot.
Old 10-27-10, 12:30 AM

Thanked 7,905 Times in 4,070 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, even after I check the first post 500 times before hitting submit.
The Following User Says Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (10-27-10)