ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-01-10, 09:06 PM

yarduatssss is on a distinguished road
adderall and weight lifting

__________________________________________________ __________
Details:
hello, i am prescribed generic adderall is called amphetamine salts
2 in the morning 2 at lunch and 1 in the afternoon
2 is 20mg so im supposed to be taking 50mg every day.
but i dont take it like my bottle says i take just 2 pills a day and i dont take any on the weekends, i have no with draw symptoms and ive been taking them for about 8 months too prove that i dont have with draw symptoms i didnt take any for 5 days straight one time.
i have add and aspergers the team says its a very high intelligent kind and 2 of the team members said that they dont beleive i have it but the others say i do and they passed me off with that disorder.

__________________________________________________ __________
Question:
im 16 and have been lifting weights for 3 years i stoped lifting when i was 13 and picked it back up at 14 and 1/2
i heard that adderall speeds up your metabolysm
so it makes it harder to gain muscle and you end up burning muscle, is that true?
even for a person that only takes 20mg a day and doesnt take any on the weekends?
ive noticed that ive lost alot of weight i whent from 242 to 195 over the summer and i now weigh 175
i have been loosing weight but im also seeing muscle growth as well.
actually alot more muscle growth since i was 15 and 1/2

so am i going too end up loosing muscle?
ive also heard it can shrink your gizmo from below the waste i measured that and found no difference from before i started taking it.
so im now woundering if people just say that so kids wont run off and do it.
ive never abused adderall and dont intend too as ive seen first and what can happen if you abuse that drug or any other addictive drug.

heres my diet
i eat mainly chicken like a chicken breast and a biscuit a day some time a little more and i drink tons of soda
like 9 cans a day
if i order pizza i usualy eat about 4 slices and maybe another slice if i get hungry at night
because i stay up long hrs
thats not the adderall though trust me ive done that since i was like 5
i used too have to take tylenol pms
Old 12-02-10, 06:49 PM

stnwright is on a distinguished road
Re: adderall and weight lifting

Well

I cant answer your questions for certainty.

I am 26, and just started Adderall a couple months back -- 1x 10mg Tablet in the morning, 1x 10mg in the afternoon if I want. Adderall (supposedly) lasts in your system for about 10hrs -- could be less if your body has a fast metabolism but thats a guess. I also weight lift about 3-6 times a week.

From what I've read in your post I can come to some conclusions:

You're still in your growing phase, so youre body's metabolism is A LOT faster than someone who is about my age. Your body's also probably at the peak of producing testosterone as well, which should help you with muscle gain. You're intaking A LOT of food, so I dont know why you wouldnt be getting enough protein to build muscle.

I dont know how bulky or how much muscle you're trying to gain, but from the bodybuild.com articles/forums I've lurked, competition Weight Lifters are intaking about 300+ grams of protein a day (both food and supplements). I am not a competition bodybuilder, but I normally intake 60-100g of protein a day.

I havent *heard* anything yet about Adderall increasing your metabolism. As far as your junk, I *heard* about that too, but I dunno if thats true or not. I've read a lot of posts in the mens forums saying that Adderall increased their sex drives. For me, it really hasnt.
Old 12-11-10, 03:15 PM

Think2Much is on a distinguished road

I think it's just the fact that Adderall suppresses your appetite. If you eat enough food that you know your body will grow based on past muscle building diets, you should be fine. It just might be harder because you may be not hungry.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-10, 08:36 PM

stnwright is on a distinguished road

the amount of adderall I am currently taking doesnt suppress my appetite, but the Straterra Extended Release really did for me.

I could go almost the whole day without eating when I was on Straterra. I could go 3-5hrs without the urge to pee. And it made me really lethargic (didnt feel like working out).

Aderrall changed all that for me