ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-15, 09:52 AM
ADDvanced Member

Toss4n is a jewel in the roughToss4n is a jewel in the roughToss4n is a jewel in the rough
Re: Tired all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Sunlight
You know there are a lot of places in the world where you don't get enough sunlight most of the time of the year right? Most people here are vitamin D deficient which is why most drs recommend supplements.
Old 11-17-15, 07:15 PM

Nutriobsession is on a distinguished road
Nutrients to combat constant exhaustion

More than likely you need a few vitamins.

Order yourself a b-12 SUBLINGUAL with a high dose, specifically methylcobalamine or simply cobalamine. You must avoid cyanacobalamine, which is inferior and uses up many of the nutrients in your body just to convert this form to a useable form, and by the time the conversion is done it is hardly able to perform, don't make your body work hard for nothing.

Along with b-12 you should take Folate (not folic acid). In addition to these, I know this sounds counterintuitive but take a Bcomplex which will cover the b1 and other b vits that adderall will drain your system of (well that is iff you pee a lot on adderall).

Also you need to start taking zinc! Addy uses a lot of zinc (it's hard to find a lot of info on the nutrients adderall zaps but that's one and I've noticed improvement since I started taking this) I take zinc gluconate, take at least 50 mg if not a hundred. I suggest taking 100 mg every four days or so and then alternating with a kelp supplement (for both the iron and iodine, separate from zinc bc of absorption block of zinc by iron) for the remaining three days. This way you replace the zinc you've been depleting and also keep your iron levels balanced with your zinc levels.

You need to take a ****load of vitamin d if you aren't already. Take 25,000 to 50,000 at least, in one big dose weekly (daily doses can hurt sensitive stomachs, but it's fat soluble, better to dose this way).
If you're taking a multivitamin, throw it out. Many of the minerals conflict with each other so you're only getting maybe half of what you need from it anyway, pointless to block yourself from vital nutrients. Better to stagger your intake, strategically.

Lastly, keep in mind that adderall zaps your electrolytes. Drink coconut water daily, and consider trying out the sports electrolyte gels that marathon runners use. Other users have posted more methods for electrolyte replacement, but that alone will explain many of the crappy symptoms adderall saddles us with.

These things should all boost your energy. Everyone is b-12 deficient in the states, in addition to magnesium, iodine, zinc, and several others. This is bc of out processed food diets, our caffeine and sugar intake, plus soil depletion which robs our foods of the entire nutritional profile they boasted a hundred years ago, not to mention that animal waste fertilizers used in organic foods provide methyl groups which in-organic foods do not get from chemical fertilizers... I could go on. Clean up your diet and take these vital nutrients and you should start feeling better,

Last edited by namazu; 11-18-15 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: added breaks for easier reading; removed product endorsements
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nutriobsession For This Useful Post:
burger (02-05-16), Unmanagable (01-11-16)
Old 01-10-16, 09:25 PM

Rockafella83 is on a distinguished road

From my personal experience, I could tell that after really difficult bowel/guts issues (that last for over a year), It increased fatigue, attention problem, anxiety, oxidative stress, immune system problems.

My nervous system and overhall wellness isn't the same like it use to be and I am pretty sure that this part of my life had an influence. I guess stimulants meds don't help and I will probably never be the same as I use too but I'm more aware of symptoms and how to deal with it.

For me (Remember that everyone have his unique condition), what make's a big improvement quick was first, Probiotics but mainly, raising GSH trough Lyposomal Glutathione.

It seem that a lot of chronic illness (and fatigue issue) could benefit from raising GSH. Just remember that here is a lot of approach on how to do it and I might suggest to get in touch with a Integrative Practitioner or Naturopath for a better point of view.

Hope it could help ..
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockafella83 For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (01-11-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-16, 01:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,635 Times in 5,748 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Wondering if that's my problem,****e last 2 days feels like someone shut switch off on me.every damn weekend I'm too tired to function
Old 01-11-16, 12:03 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,791 Times in 8,902 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Flipping the script to a plant based diet and supplementing with b complex, zinc, and vitamin d has increased my energy levels and decreased my pain levels by amazing amounts, along with purposeful daily movement. I remain in awe of the differences and clearly feel it when I don't follow through with my new found ways of sustained relief.

It only took me 48 years to arrive at the conclusion that perhaps I really should pay more attention to what I fuel my body with. Talk about old faithful, thank you bodily functions, for keeping me around without any genuine help from me. Grateful it's still in any functioning order at all after the ways I've abused it. It still needs periods of rest at times, but not nearly as much as it used to.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Old 01-11-16, 12:04 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

Unmanageable...what is purposeful movement? I've seen you mention that a few times.
Old 01-11-16, 12:12 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,791 Times in 8,902 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

I used to never exercise on purpose. I would attribute the walking I did to get to places at work, at home, in the community, or the activity during household tasks, etc. to be sufficient movement to qualify as daily activity.

We were never brought up with exercise as being part of our day, other than phys ed class, which I absolutely loathed as an overweight child. I lived with a fear of feeling exposed in locker rooms and exercising in front of others.

But now, I make it a point to jump, run, and bounce on the mini-trampoline, dance and use the hula-hoop, and use the aerobic exercise machine daily, for at least a few minutes each, to get my flow going. It makes all the difference in the world in mood, energy levels, and momentum.

I like to refer to it as purposeful movement vs just exercise. It sounds more inviting and feels a little more personal and peaceful.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Adenosine (01-16-16), DJ Bill (01-13-16), Fuzzy12 (01-11-16)
Old 02-06-16, 11:31 AM
ADDvanced Member

windsoul will become famous soon enough

i dont know if i have CFS but it seems that taking AD's have created some sort of symptom like this and just tiredness in the day, awake at night. or it could be adhd.. i dont know
Old 03-07-16, 01:24 PM

Strutsen is on a distinguished road

I've got ADHD-PI and been extremely lethargic the last 6-8 years and I believe its because of dhystymia/anxiety. I really hope I can find the right med so I can start living again, ritalin made me more tired and suicidal.
Old 03-07-16, 03:24 PM

Thanked 21,933 Times in 7,991 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Excel, where are you? Whereever you are you are missed.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
excel (04-13-16)
Old 03-09-16, 11:08 PM

clayboy123 is on a distinguished road

So the consensus is a large dose of vitamin d ?
Old 04-13-16, 09:45 AM

I had those period of fatigue that were from what I think, related to stress, sleep deprivation and gut problem. Medication can definitly exacerbate those periods but keep in mind that your body work synergeticaly all parts with each others.

I do think that in those cases, when lifestyle, diet and whatever way you use to promote relaxation, don't achieve "homeostasis", you should get an appointment for further tests.

As Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia and whatever cause your tiredness can be tricky to diagnose and even then, hard to find the real source of your problem, I'll give you my advice on a few supplements that could bring you back to life;

1. Watch for basic deficiency (Vitamin D, Magnesium). Vitamin D is definitly a must, probably one of the most beneficial supplement and common deficiency among peoples. Get it tested and please, don't start it trought the roof, it will just burn you up. Magnesium threonate (Magtein) could be really interesting for stress related fatigue and for adhd in general.

2. Anything related to your digestion should be adressed, remember that if you don't get energy from your food adequatly or there is a digestive issue, you won't have the fuel or worst, your body could fight back if your immune system see some foods as an intruder. Then again, probiotics, taking notes of food allergy.

3. One of my personnal favorite, Astaxanthin. It is THE most powerful natural antioxidant that exist, one of the most beneficial supplement I ever took for energy level. Help a lot for detox, brain health and maintain Glutathione Level optimal and the best of it all, never turn pro-oxidant. Watch for interaction with medication on P450 Cyt (Can lower some medication efficiency on 3A4 and 2B6). If I have just one thing to suggest that I could suggest, it would definitly be Astaxanthin, a game changer for me.

3. Supplements Powerhouse in last resort; Then again, don't start trought the roof, it will burn you down, slowly and progressively. CoQ10, B-Complex, and lyposomal Glutathione, lyposomal vit C.

These are just a few hints that I have personnaly explore throught the years that can lift you up trought supplementation. Don't make beginner mistake on taking high dose of everything, don't think it will turn over on a few days. Your body is already fragile so don't add more stress to it. In fact, if one of the suggestion that I have bring here might interest you, talk to a naturopath or orthomolecular practioner, it is so easy to make things worst and so hard to get better, trust me, I know it..

Again, this is what's worked for me but if I have only one thing to suggest you, whatever the cause of your fatigue, it would be Astaxanthin.

Wish you well,

Phil
Old 04-14-16, 09:55 AM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

I lack vitamin d3. The doctor gave me a prescription for and advised me to get some sun
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
stef (04-14-16)
Old 04-18-16, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
I lack vitamin d3. The doctor gave me a prescription for and advised me to get some sun
It seem that D3 use Magnesium and could deplete it if it's already low. Might be a intersting to take both since there is no definite test for Magnesium Deficiency.
Old 05-01-16, 03:21 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Being tired all the time doesn't have to all tied to medication. Their are a lot of medical conditions that can make one tired. The combination can be the cause.
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Brachenheiser (06-08-16)