ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 12-20-10, 06:30 PM
Contributor

aarondev will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Vyvanse - Sexual Side Effects

Hey,
Just got Rx'd Vyvanse and was oriignally keen on the idea until I read on wikipedia that ED is a side-effect.

How common has this been for people? And, if not that, what other side-effects (sexually) have been experienced? I ask as on Adderall (what I'm switching from) my libido increased and I'd rather not lose that.

Regards,
Old 12-21-10, 09:41 AM

Peeka225 is on a distinguished road
Re: Vyvanse - Sexual Side Effects

I personally have not had ANY type of sexual side effects from my Vyvanse. Everyone is different though. I suggest trying it without expecting to experience what you read on the wiki. Everyone is different so give it a shot. If you have problems that is a reason to switch. Don't take an internet posting as gospel. See how YOUR body will react.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peeka225 For This Useful Post:
aarondev (01-04-11), canadug (01-04-11), Treebeard (02-17-11)
Old 01-03-11, 07:48 PM
Jr Member

robhat is on a distinguished road

I've also had some sexual side effects. Been on vyvanse about 4 mo now, and had some off & on ed issues first month or so and that has gone away.....but.....even though I now find it easy to get an erection, I also find it very very hard to reach orgasm. I never really had much of an issue with that before, but at this point I probably ejaculate only 10-20% of the times I have sex. Very annoying side effect. Not sure if there are supplements or something available to help w this, but I haven't found anything yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robhat For This Useful Post:
aarondev (01-04-11), Treebeard (02-17-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-11, 01:42 AM

Turboaz is on a distinguished road

I found that on 70mg my sex drive during "peak" hours was noticably increased however getting it up wasn't as easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Turboaz For This Useful Post:
aarondev (01-04-11)
Old 01-04-11, 04:08 PM
Contributor

Alex9 is just really niceAlex9 is just really niceAlex9 is just really niceAlex9 is just really nice

I definitely got ED on vyvanse. Im pretty sure vyvanse (and for that matter all amphetamines) are vascoconstrictors, meaning that they constrict blood vessels, which reduces blood flow to your ummmm "sausage", causing ED. However since you were fine on adderall i wouldnt worry about it since vyvanse and adderall are both amphetamines and should have similar effects.

Also, Adderall caused this for me as well, so if it didnt cause it for you then your probably fine.
Old 01-09-11, 05:28 AM
Jr Member

watermark0n is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondev View Post
Hey,
Just got Rx'd Vyvanse and was oriignally keen on the idea until I read on wikipedia that ED is a side-effect.

How common has this been for people? And, if not that, what other side-effects (sexually) have been experienced? I ask as on Adderall (what I'm switching from) my libido increased and I'd rather not lose that.

Regards,
Amphetamines can cause both cause hypersexuality and ED. Unfortunately I seem to be one of the people who gets both side effects.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to watermark0n For This Useful Post:
aarondev (01-11-11), Treebeard (02-17-11)
Old 01-09-11, 02:28 PM
Banned

Jester is a jewel in the roughJester is a jewel in the roughJester is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hey,

Regards,
Talking about libido is pretty pointless. ''Hey I like your butt, oh but I liked your butt before I took Adderall too so I guess I like it more now.'' It doesn't mean anything.

What makes more sense is to talk about the pleasure during intercourse or masturbation. If your pleasure increased from taking Adderall, it will likely increase further with vyvanse because vyvanse has no levoamphetamine. The coming up, edging and orgasm will be more intense and of longer duration then with Adderall.
Old 01-11-11, 06:14 AM
Contributor

aarondev will become famous soon enough

Thanks for responses.

I appreciate the comment about libido, but there's a difference between the level you notice someone/things of someone when you have lower libido versus higher. Speaking from experience here.

In any case, can you explain how that component of the Adderall makes an impact where the absence in Vyvanse boosts Vyvanes's impact?

As for me, the way I've experienced it so far is that the increased interest in sex/libido has been mostly absent with the Vyvanse. But then I like it more than the Adderall because its very smooth comparatively. I don't feel it 'dipping' at any point until after its duration has expired. The only thing I'd note though of course is that I was on Adderall before Vyvanse and therefore didn't have that new 'peak' feeling before switching. I also am presently on Strattera which undoubtedly affects this, too.
Old 01-11-11, 02:39 PM
Banned

Jester is a jewel in the roughJester is a jewel in the roughJester is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks for responses.

I appreciate the comment about libido, but there's a difference between the level you notice someone/things of someone when you have lower libido versus higher. Speaking from experience here.

In any case, can you explain how that component of the Adderall makes an impact where the absence in Vyvanse boosts Vyvanes's impact?

As for me, the way I've experienced it so far is that the increased interest in sex/libido has been mostly absent with the Vyvanse. But then I like it more than the Adderall because its very smooth comparatively. I don't feel it 'dipping' at any point until after its duration has expired. The only thing I'd note though of course is that I was on Adderall before Vyvanse and therefore didn't have that new 'peak' feeling before switching. I also am presently on Strattera which undoubtedly affects this, too.
Life is complicated, nothing is simple. Take for example ethylene glycol and water. EG freezes at 10F and water freezes at 32F so when you mix both in 70/30 proportion, you kind of interpolate between the 2 and expect the mix to freeze at about 18F right? Well it turns out a 70/30 mix of the 2 freezes at -60F.
And that's with a mix of 2 very very simple molecules. Imagine what occurs in the body. Nobody knows exactly.

What we know is that amphetamines have good sexual potential. Meth abusers can experience the equivalent of 300 orgasms over 6-12 hours of continuous sexual intercourse but if you try to do it too, you won't feel a thing. What happens is, especially with amphetamines, you have to try it over and over again until it starts working, a bit like when you try to start an old truck and you have to keep trying and trying until it finally kicks in and you can work it up from there.

So it's not only the drug you take, like, ''I take vyvanse I'm not horny, I take meth, I'm high'', but also how you build your pathways under the influence of that drug. That's why it's important to study or do work while on Adderall so that the effect of the drug is focused on expanding the brain channels that you use to reason rather than expanding other channels that do not necessary lead to a healthy behavior and that may lead to addiction.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jester For This Useful Post:
colnajoe (01-31-12)
Old 01-30-12, 10:51 AM

UPC1987 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhat View Post
I've also had some sexual side effects. Been on vyvanse about 4 mo now, and had some off & on ed issues first month or so and that has gone away.....but.....even though I now find it easy to get an erection, I also find it very very hard to reach orgasm. I never really had much of an issue with that before, but at this point I probably ejaculate only 10-20% of the times I have sex. Very annoying side effect. Not sure if there are supplements or something available to help w this, but I haven't found anything yet.

i find the same thing as well. extremely hard to reach orgasm. this is extremely frustrating... anybody with suggestions?

thankfully my girlfriend is extremely understanding. i don't know what I would do without her.
Old 01-31-12, 12:22 PM

colnajoe is on a distinguished road

[quote=robhat;994537]I've also had some sexual side effects. Been on vyvanse about 4 mo now, and had some off & on ed issues first month or so and that has gone away.....but.....even though I now find it easy to get an erection, I also find it very very hard to reach orgasm. I never really had much of an issue with that before, but at this point I probably ejaculate only 10-20% of the times I have sex. Very annoying side effect. Not sure if there are supplements or something available to help w this, but I haven't found anything yet.[/quote

Personal I know, but can you achieve the big O while masturbating? I've heard that some anxiety and depression meds can cause ED and such.
Old 01-31-12, 12:32 PM

colnajoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPC1987 View Post
i find the same thing as well. extremely hard to reach orgasm. this is extremely frustrating... anybody with suggestions?

thankfully my girlfriend is extremely understanding. i don't know what I would do without her.
For me, getting an erection and acheiving orgasm is completely mental. If I lay in bed worring "Man, I hope I can get it up this time, or I hope my partner doesn't think it's him/her, or I'm taking too long to orgasm, my partner is going to be disapointed or bored and want to quit.

I look at it like this. Unmedicated, I drove her insane. Fights, not getting things done, always go go go. She wold much rather have it like this.

So, dont make it more than it is, have fun trying to figure it out, and just accept the fact that you might not acheive orgasm every time. You just get to try again sooner
Old 02-07-12, 02:12 AM
Contributor

gatorADDe has a spectacular aura aboutgatorADDe has a spectacular aura about

I didnt read all the other posts. But on Adderall I felt like I could get it up easier than normal actually. Adderall made me horny as hell. Vyvanse doesn't do this as much and It's not as easy to get it up or get interested period.
Old 02-07-12, 05:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

GeordieDave is a name known to allGeordieDave is a name known to allGeordieDave is a name known to allGeordieDave is a name known to allGeordieDave is a name known to allGeordieDave is a name known to all

I'm not on any meds yet so I can not talk from any experiences I have had with them...

The thing is I'm always wanting sex, I have it every week and I find it very easy to get up and sometimes its embarrising but I find it very easy to have an orgasm... (sometimes when I'm drunk I last longer lol)

Don't get me wrong I love sex but... I literally want it everyday even after sex I have a break and I'm horny again.. It's annoying when she doesn't want to lol..

Will meds maybe change that effect? I'd love to last longer.. It's sometimes embarrising But meh.
Old 02-07-12, 06:16 AM
ADDvanced Member

John836 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not on any meds yet so I can not talk from any experiences I have had with them...

The thing is I'm always wanting sex, I have it every week and I find it very easy to get up and sometimes its embarrising but I find it very easy to have an orgasm... (sometimes when I'm drunk I last longer lol)

Don't get me wrong I love sex but... I literally want it everyday even after sex I have a break and I'm horny again.. It's annoying when she doesn't want to lol..

Will meds maybe change that effect? I'd love to last longer.. It's sometimes embarrising But meh.
Quote:
I didnt read all the other posts. But on Adderall I felt like I could get it up easier than normal actually. Adderall made me horny as hell. Vyvanse doesn't do this as much and It's not as easy to get it up or get interested period.
Strange. I find that I can drill through concrete personally.

My libido and erections are the same before and after Adderall/Vyvanse.