ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-23-10, 09:18 AM

auguzt is on a distinguished road
Question Switching from methylphenidate to amphetamine?

Hi all and thanks for reading.

I'm 23 years old, and I've been taking Ritalin/Concerta (3 x 30 mg ritalin/day or 108 mg concerta/day).
I have pretty "intense" ADHD, and studying in University would be impossible for me without the meds.

The ritalin/concerta does work, but it's effects only last for a very short time. If I take 108mg Concerta in the morning, it's effects will never last for more than 3-4 hours. The effects of each 30 mg dose of Ritalin (instant release) also only last for about 1 hour or so..

Here in Iceland we don't have drugs like Adderall or Vyvanse, and the only available amphetamine drug is amphetamine sulphate 5 mg/tab.

What are your thoughts, is it possible that the amphetamine effects on my ADHD would last longer than the effects of methylphenidate? I would also really like to hear your thoughts on whether the amphetamine has stronger effects, and might even increase my concentration ability further than methylphenidate?

Thank you people for reading, please share your thoughts..

Best regards, AG
Old 12-23-10, 12:02 PM
Banned

Jester is a jewel in the roughJester is a jewel in the roughJester is a jewel in the rough
Re: Switching from methylphenidate to amphetamine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auguzt View Post
Hi all and thanks for reading.

I'm 23 years old, and I've been taking Ritalin/Concerta (3 x 30 mg ritalin/day or 108 mg concerta/day).
I have pretty "intense" ADHD, and studying in University would be impossible for me without the meds.

The ritalin/concerta does work, but it's effects only last for a very short time. If I take 108mg Concerta in the morning, it's effects will never last for more than 3-4 hours. The effects of each 30 mg dose of Ritalin (instant release) also only last for about 1 hour or so..

Here in Iceland we don't have drugs like Adderall or Vyvanse, and the only available amphetamine drug is amphetamine sulphate 5 mg/tab.

What are your thoughts, is it possible that the amphetamine effects on my ADHD would last longer than the effects of methylphenidate? I would also really like to hear your thoughts on whether the amphetamine has stronger effects, and might even increase my concentration ability further than methylphenidate?

Thank you people for reading, please share your thoughts..

Best regards, AG
Amphetamine as in 50/50 mix is kind of bad lol. It will work though, if you take enough of it it can even last 16 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jester For This Useful Post:
auguzt (12-23-10)