ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 12-23-10, 10:00 AM

Kingflow is on a distinguished road
Wellbutrin Increase from 150 xl to 300 xl

Does anyone have any experiences for the first few days of going from 150 to 300?

I tried 300mg XL Wellbutrin and I felt drugged on day 1. my racy thoughts picked up a bit and this scared me so I stopped trying for the 300mg.

I ask this question because 150mg xl gives me alot of anxiety late afternoon and I was wondering if the increase is what I need.
Old 12-23-10, 11:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
Re: Wellbutrin Increase from 150 xl to 300 xl

not sure man. Why would 150xl cause you anxiety later , my guess is that its wearing off? I switched to 300xl recently and yes I do feel a bit like I can tell I'm taking something in addition to my stimulants but overall I think I feel happier on it after a month or so. Basically when I take 300xl here is what happens, at first you feel an anxiety boost but that fades quick. After a month you feel less impulsive and less hostile during your adhd peaks and valleys. I don't really feel that inner motor now while I workout so I workout hard but not as frantic, kind of good and bad being that honestly we with adhd have alot of nervous energy that can be kind of cool and I miss the creativity that I get without wellbutrin, yet alot of that creativity unless really watched can turn into day dreams and wasted time. So if you feel a bit more reserved and less hyper and more calm with a baseline coverage then I understand what your talking about with 300xl. Unfortunately wellbutrin does decrease "not really" the peaks of your stimulants so you will not get the depth of understanding and adhd mental clearity during points in the day since wellbutrin is reuptaking as well with your stims. Thats probably what you mean. After awhile on 300xl overall you will feel less anxious. SSri's are and have been just a disaster for me overall, for a few weeks I can tolerate them and even I feel relaxed and focused on what I would like to focus on but everytime they turn on me and fatigue turns into less adhd control and disaster. I would call less motivation with adhd a bad combination.
Old 12-23-10, 11:40 AM

Kingflow is on a distinguished road

That was very helpful. Thank you.

I do notice I am more hostile and irritable in the evening which may mean it is wearing off. I did not think about it.

I remember taking adderall and when I was panicky I would take another adderall and panic gone. panic gone is good but the mind chatter picked up too much so I had to stop the adderall.

Maybe I will give the 300 a try for a few days and try to tolerate it and see if it settles down.

cheers and Happy Holiday!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-10, 01:59 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

Yes well with stims basically in the evenings when your adhd meds are running low you get worry anxiety because your distracted.... Its probably not really the wellbutrin , but yeah the 150xl was wearing off big time. Give it 4 weeks on 300