ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-11, 09:08 AM
ADDvanced Member

hanzsolo is on a distinguished road
What's best for sleep/anxiety - remeron or trazodone ??

I read both of these are great for sleep (which I need help with) so that's great. Is one better then the other? Some say that traz leaves a foggy feeling the next day but that remoron doesn't. Any feedback would be much appreciated..

I could also use help with my GAD. Any idea if either of these may help with that??

Also, what side effects have you experienced ?

Thanks
Old 01-07-11, 09:51 AM

Thanked 17,444 Times in 7,286 Posts
Amtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's best for sleep/anxiety - remeron or trazodone ??

The answer is - it depends. Right now, the only way to judge the efficacy of any psychiatric medication is to try it. A psychiatrist can determine, based on your symptoms and responses to other medications, which might be more likely to work for you, but there's no guarantee. Your brain chemistry and functioning is too complex at this point in medical science to make exact predictions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amtram For This Useful Post:
APSJ (01-07-11)
Old 01-07-11, 07:21 PM
Nondescript Moderator

Thanked 6,566 Times in 2,692 Posts
APSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried both for sleep, and will say that in my experience, both were effective, but trazodone knocked me out for 12-18 hours, and left me feeling very lethargic when I got up. Remeron did not and I still take it. It also helps a bit with anxiety.

However, someone else could have a very different experience. As Amtram says, your best approach is to discuss your needs in detail with your prescriber.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-11, 11:20 AM
Contributor

Yellow will become famous soon enough

trazadone is not as safe as mirtazapine, mirtazapine is a better, safer drug, and it will knock you out as trazadone would.....my pick is mirtazpine
Old 01-22-11, 02:56 PM

Microwench is on a distinguished road

No experience with Remeron, but I take Trazadone and love it. Makes a big difference in my sleep, as well as my Fibromyalgia pain level.

I now take 10mg Prozac, 100mg Trazadone, and 40mg Vyvanse. The combo seems to work well for me. Have just upped my Vyvanse, so am interested to see how that goes.
Old 01-22-11, 10:16 PM
Contributor

Yellow will become famous soon enough

double