ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-10-11, 12:36 PM

TimS is on a distinguished road
Supplementing alongside adderall for maximumu effect/minimm side effects?

Hello, I'm new here. I'm a 20 year old male. I have recently been prescribed 20 mg Adderall XR for my ADHD to use as needed in school. I'm a very healthy individual and very in tune with my body. I have a strong interest in the human mind, health and psychology in general. I understand you all are not doctors, but you all have plenty of experience with this stuff. My question is, is there anything some of you take along side of your Adderall to help keep your mood even, and deal with the side effects of the dopamine/norepinephrine spike associated with these chemicals. It may be from using it sporadically, but I notice a strong emotional comedown, when the pill starts wearing off and often at times through out the day. Food seems to help, and may be the single reason why I'm experiencing these symptoms because I often have such little appetite, it becomes difficult to force food down, especially my bland healthy food. I believe and understand what comes up, most go down, but at the same time, it is not fun to experience. The XR lasts incredibly long for me, leaving sleep very difficult, without help from benadryl or Valerian root. I'm interested if anyone has tried L Tyrosine mid day after a morning dose of XR to kind of boost things or something to achieve the same result. Ill admit that my mindset has been less then ideal for a while now due to relationship issues, which probably amplifies when the Adderall starts wearing off but I'm determined to get through this issue and continue my successful implementation of Adderall into my life. I'm currently on no other medication, nor do I take any supplements. I do not consume caffeine regularly, and avoid it all together during my Adderall days. I have a check up with my doc. to discuss the results of my usage and to make sure everything is on check. Is there anything I could ask him that may benefit me. Like requesting IR instead? Sorry for the long post, any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Thank You,

Tim
Old 01-13-11, 12:24 AM

DennisSmith is on a distinguished road
Re: Supplementing alongside adderall for maximumu effect/minimm side effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
Hello, I'm new here. I'm a 20 year old male. I have recently been prescribed 20 mg Adderall XR for my ADHD to use as needed in school. I'm a very healthy individual and very in tune with my body. I have a strong interest in the human mind, health and psychology in general. I understand you all are not doctors, but you all have plenty of experience with this stuff. My question is, is there anything some of you take along side of your Adderall to help keep your mood even, and deal with the side effects of the dopamine/norepinephrine spike associated with these chemicals. It may be from using it sporadically, but I notice a strong emotional comedown, when the pill starts wearing off and often at times through out the day. Food seems to help, and may be the single reason why I'm experiencing these symptoms because I often have such little appetite, it becomes difficult to force food down, especially my bland healthy food. I believe and understand what comes up, most go down, but at the same time, it is not fun to experience. The XR lasts incredibly long for me, leaving sleep very difficult, without help from benadryl or Valerian root. I'm interested if anyone has tried L Tyrosine mid day after a morning dose of XR to kind of boost things or something to achieve the same result. Ill admit that my mindset has been less then ideal for a while now due to relationship issues, which probably amplifies when the Adderall starts wearing off but I'm determined to get through this issue and continue my successful implementation of Adderall into my life. I'm currently on no other medication, nor do I take any supplements. I do not consume caffeine regularly, and avoid it all together during my Adderall days. I have a check up with my doc. to discuss the results of my usage and to make sure everything is on check. Is there anything I could ask him that may benefit me. Like requesting IR instead? Sorry for the long post, any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Thank You,

Tim

I'm waiting for my new order of L-Tyrosine to arrive. It helped me out last year. I remember getting the impression that suddenly it was helping me prioritize things. Things were stressed but then suddenly I found that I was more able to come up with a plan at the beginning of the day and stick to it confidently.

Lately to help me get some rest at night I'll drink some juice with Vitamin C at dinner time to help my system burn away the adderall quicker.

I'm also looking into GABA. Not 100% sure if it works. But some people are convinced that if you take it with Vitamin B3/Niacin it does the trick. GABA is supposed to be really good with promoting relaxation.