ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 01-17-11, 10:07 AM

mason2010 is on a distinguished road
what is the price of vyvanse without insurance

Hello all!!!! new here and i was wondering how much dose Vyvanse cost without insurance obviously.
Old 01-17-11, 10:10 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 12,528 Times in 6,402 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: what is the price of vyvanse without insurance

You can call your pharmacist for that one. That's what I did when I was trying to figure out how much adderall cost.
Long-term, we must begin to build our internal strengths. It isn't just skills like computer technology. It's the old-fashioned basics of self-reliance, self-motivation, self-reinforcement, self-discipline, self-command.

~Steven Pressfield
Old 01-17-11, 10:14 AM

oh alright so just call Walgreen's or where ever? Thanks should of known that one XD
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-11, 10:19 AM
Moderator of all seasons

anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, call whatever pharmacy you use or expect to use, and they'll be able to give you the price. Mine is Rite Aid.
Long-term, we must begin to build our internal strengths. It isn't just skills like computer technology. It's the old-fashioned basics of self-reliance, self-motivation, self-reinforcement, self-discipline, self-command.

~Steven Pressfield
Old 01-17-11, 10:19 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Sometimes we adders need a little prompting or someone to give us an idea.

~Steven Pressfield
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
eeyore (10-17-11), Lottie (01-18-11)
Old 01-17-11, 10:22 AM

HaHa yup just like my teachers used to say to me its like pulling teeth to get information to me and from me.
Old 01-17-11, 10:26 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Sounds like you had a******* teachers. I mean that one.

~Steven Pressfield
Old 01-17-11, 03:59 PM

Kimmy1989 is on a distinguished road

It's around 190 for 30days supply of 30mg. I checked on CVS (I used to work there so my co workers have no problem informing me on the phone). If you have problems affording it, there's currently a coupon on their website for free 30day supply. Also they have patient assistance program that i'm enrolled on. It about 2-3 weeks to be approved and receive my card. Faxing the forms seemed to help hurry the process. Good luck!

EDIT: Oh I also checked with a neighborhood pharmacy and the price was around 170
Old 01-18-11, 12:48 AM

drewm is on a distinguished road

40mg would run 150 for me at the local cvs for 30 pills.

I don't know if that is a special price though because of my insurance. I have a high deductible plan so I have to pay 100% of the cost until I hit my decuctible for the year - but it is possible that there is one price for the insurance company vs someone just walking in off the street.
Old 01-18-11, 12:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,328 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

Many pharmacies will not price controlled substances on the phone, so's you know.

As for charging people without insurance differently than people with insurance, I'm fairly certain that is illegal. I may be wrong though.
Old 01-18-11, 01:29 AM

drewm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller View Post
Many pharmacies will not price controlled substances on the phone, so's you know.

As for charging people without insurance differently than people with insurance, I'm fairly certain that is illegal. I may be wrong though.
I sure hope it isn't illegal. I think that if you buy a whole lot of something, like Adderall, you should be able to get a bulk discount.

I know when I go to the doctor, they submit one number to the insurance company, but get much less. I think that is part of the price they pay for being in network.
Old 01-18-11, 04:38 AM
Contributor

Canuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller View Post

The price charged is the same. However, they may offer a coupon or other discount.

In Ontario, my son's 50mg 30 day supply runs $165 or so, so $170US at todays exchange rate.
Old 01-18-11, 06:47 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nickis2legit will become famous soon enough

I pay $7.50 with my insurance, I don't know what i'd do without it..

I don't see why anyone apposes the new healthcare bill -_-

"They claim their labors are to build a heaven, yet their heaven is populated by horrors. Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be. Too late."
The Following User Says Thank You to Nickis2legit For This Useful Post:
Lottie (01-18-11)
Old 01-18-11, 09:31 PM
Contributor

Canuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickis2legit View Post
I don't see why anyone apposes the new healthcare bill -_-
California is already broke. Picture your state budget when $.40 of every tax dollar collected is going to health care.

Ask your parents what percent of thier income goes to pay state and federal taxes. In my corner of the universe, a married couple each earning $45K a year will pay 25% of thier income in payrole deductions. That's besides a 13% sales tax on virtually everything, and a 1% average property tax on your home.

It's not a black and white issue.
Old 01-27-11, 07:37 PM
ADDvanced Member

elizadoo47 is on a distinguished road

At my local Target I just filled a prescription. I was told the cost of a 1-month supply is $170+/-. I have a 1/2 price co-pay card from Shire that I am using, so my cost comes down to about $80 a month. However, the card expires in May.

I am looking for a substitute for the Vyvanse after May. I have already tried the Teva amp salts 10, 15 and 20 mg with no luck. Not even the hint of success. Coffee worked better.