ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 03-10-11, 10:57 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about
Re: How long does Vyvanse last for you?

I split the capsules because if I take it all at once it wears off in about 5 hours! The only thing I like about Vyvanse is that I get no side effects and it's very smooth.
Old 03-10-11, 11:42 PM

muzikfreek is on a distinguished road

I work mostly in the evenings so my regular schedule is out of bed around 1 pm, take Vyvanse (40 mg right now, going for 50 mg) about 2:30 pm, sometimes 2 pm if I need to do stuff right away. I find that by the time 6:30 pm hits, I am already starting to feel less energy, less motivation. I can even go for a nap for a half hour at that point if it gets me too down.

When I go to work at night everything seems to be alright but I don't notice much. I have only been on it for just over 2 months and still trying to sort it all out. One thing I have noticed is that when I used to start getting really tired at work about midnight, I can now stay awake until about 4 am. Sometimes I could go to sleep at 1 am if I were home with nothing better to do. I guess I do get the 12 hour benefit but I definitely feel like there could be more, hence the asking to try out 50 mg.

I have been doing 1 x 20 mg at 2:30 and then 1 x 20 mg at 3:30 to 4:30, trying out the different effects... but I can't say much about that as of yet.
Old 04-05-11, 12:46 PM

sir_taps_alot has a spectacular aura aboutsir_taps_alot has a spectacular aura about

I started at 60mg of vyvanse in june. Initially I felt it lasted for about 8 hours. After a few months, it seemed to drop off to about 5 hrs. I was increased 80mg recently. I was taking 80mg in one dose at around 530am. It takes me about 90mins to feel it work,so, it would start being effective at around 7am. I feel focused until around 12 noon.then it seems to be gone. I recently started taking 50mg at 6am and then 30mg at around 1030 am. It seems to extend the duration better than taking it in one dose...but, it's not significant in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-11, 07:53 PM

johnnyc00 is on a distinguished road

I would take it at around 8, and not feel it til around 9. Then at around 2 all of the effects will start diminishing and my adhd came back worse. Then around 3-4 I would start having a physical comedown. I was on 40mg

I told my psychiatrist and he recommended me take one 40mg in the morning and one 40mg at 1pm. I thought it was interesting that when I asked for a 20mg/20mg dose, he told me that it would be ineffective because once I experience comedown symptoms, it is completely out of my system, so I would basically be taking 2 insufficient doses. However, things are phenomenal after the new dose. Every side effect is non existent now.

Vyvanse doesn't work for 12 hours, period.
Old 04-30-11, 09:40 AM

stars is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I find that when I take Vyvanse (was at 40mg, now at 60mg per day), it takes about 2 hrs for me to feel its full effect. I try to time my dosage (7:00 am) so that when I arrive at work in the morning (between 8:30 - 9:00 AM), I am already experiencing the effects of the medication.

I tend to feel the positive effects for the majority of the workday, but I definitely feel a drop in focus at about 3:00pm, and it is essentially gone by 5:00 or 6:00pm when I'm driving home. (Great time to be losing my focus, right?)

I don't experience a crash, but I do feel tired at the end of the day.
Old 05-02-13, 07:01 AM

hnelson3 is on a distinguished road

I have been taking Vyvanse for at least a year not (30 mg) and it seems to wear off about 4-5 hours after I take it. Which does not help me in my night classes where I need it the most
Old 05-02-13, 09:04 AM

TerephthalicPte is on a distinguished road

Yeah no way it lasts 12 hours. I feel like my doctor thinks I'm lying when I tell him this.

I take the stuff at like 5 in the morning and it's all worn off by 12. That's only really 5 hours of full coverage 6 if you count the sort of half way point I get to in an hour while it takes to kick in.

Doctor says it should last 10-12. Yeah okay. I wish it lasted 12 hours.

Oh, and I'm on 40mg right now. I'll probably push to be bumped up to 50mg when I come back from my summer internship.
Old 05-02-13, 10:48 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,480 Times in 928 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future

waiting for pdoc to call on his day off cus focalin xr is bad for me

the vyvanse worked at 50mg but maybe it was too high a dose? anyone know if it comes lower?

years of suffering is making this process almost unbearable

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 05-02-13, 11:23 AM

curxxx is on a distinguished road

5-6 hours on a good day, which is why I take 2 doses a day

Take it at 10ish (but lately been around 8), wears off at 2/3, so I take another dose at lunch which makes it last until 5, when I can start feeling it wear off, then it's almost completely gone by 6.

Rx: Vyvanse 50mg, then 20mg at lunch, Cipralex 20mg @ pm

Previous Rx': Ritalin (10, 20mg), Concerta (27, 54, and 72mg), Strattera (40, 60mg), Seroquel IR (25mg), Seroquel XR (50mg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
concerta is hardcore? Thats like saying advil is a gateway drug.
Old 05-02-13, 01:04 PM

AnnaBanana85 is on a distinguished road

New here, hope I'm doing it right. I've been on 40mg of vyvanse for 3 weeks now. I take it when I wake up at 630 because I have to, I noticed it's much harder to get out of bed now that I'm on it. It's noon now and I can feel myself coming down already and I'm bracing for the crash. When that comes, I'm completely miserable and have no motivation.
Old 05-02-13, 11:22 PM
Jr Member

Yummmy is on a distinguished road

After some trial and error with coverage issues and side effects, my doc recently prescribed 140mg of Vyvanse. He said to try taking both 70mg pills at once or split the dose about 4-5 hours apart. He also have me a PRN booster of 20 mg Adderall in the evenings for long days of work, class, and studying. The 140mg has been giving me the full 12 hours I need on most days. I'm still able to sleep when I'm need to at the end of a long day. I experience some of the crash, but by that time, I'm usually prepping for bed anyway and I just sleep it off. This seems to be working really well...I hope I didn't jinx myself! :-)
Old 05-03-13, 01:00 PM
ADDvanced Member

kimical has a spectacular aura aboutkimical has a spectacular aura about

8 hours for me. I take 40mgs. I also sip coffee throughout the day which amounts to two eight ounce cups total.

Rx: 2x Prozac 20mg, 3x Klonapin .5mg, invega 3mg
Old 05-04-13, 10:35 AM

etteed is on a distinguished road

Take vyvanse 50 mg at 6:30 am. By noon it is worn off. Anyone take a second dose?
The Following User Says Thank You to etteed For This Useful Post:
oreomunky (05-08-13)
Old 05-08-13, 10:14 AM
Jr Member

oreomunky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by etteed View Post
Take vyvanse 50 mg at 6:30 am. By noon it is worn off. Anyone take a second dose?

I'm thinking this may be my problem. I take my 30 mg at 6 am and around noon, it feels like a bus hit me - Completely fatigued (worse than when I don't take it at all) and massive headache.

A few have suggested my dose it too low, and I think they're correct. I'm wondering if I should add a little booster around noon so that I make it through the work day without getting headaches/being tired.
Old 05-08-13, 08:58 PM

curxxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by etteed View Post
I take 50 at 8, wears off by 2/3 completely. So my pdoc gave me a 20mg Vyvanse booster at lunch.

Rx: Vyvanse 50mg, then 20mg at lunch, Cipralex 20mg @ pm

Previous Rx': Ritalin (10, 20mg), Concerta (27, 54, and 72mg), Strattera (40, 60mg), Seroquel IR (25mg), Seroquel XR (50mg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
concerta is hardcore? Thats like saying advil is a gateway drug.