ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-01-11, 12:01 AM

frostyboxx is on a distinguished road
M. Amphet Salts 20 MG...Questions

I have orange capsules labled M. Amphet Salts 20 mg.
I have been doing alot of reading on this board about all the different Adderall meds, generics, IR, XR, etc...
I am wondering if anyone HAS taken THIS particular capsule and can tell me the difference between any or all of the other...There are SOOOOO many different generics, pills, capsules, it's making my head spin before I even take them?
If it's a XR or IR...what if any or the side effects...how long does it last in your system, etc..
any info would be helpful as I'm really nervous to take it for fear of side effects!
I've heard I will have insomnia, I've heard it will cause me to have bad headaches...I want to know if it will cause me any gastro issues besides an appetite suppressant and if it will cause me to be jittery or have anxiety, can I possibly cut the dose in half to see what it will be like first????!?!/
Help!!
Thanks so much in advance.
Old 02-01-11, 04:21 PM
Jr Member

hcd4 will become famous soon enough
Re: M. Amphet Salts 20 MG...Questions

i think in your situation, the best people to ask are:

1. your dispensing pharmacist

2. the doctor that wrote your script

course, if those people aren't available, you could take a look at your pill bottle - the brand is usually listed right under your name.
Old 02-02-11, 10:14 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

twinch42085 has a spectacular aura abouttwinch42085 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyboxx View Post
I have orange capsules labled M. Amphet Salts 20 mg.
I have been doing alot of reading on this board about all the different Adderall meds, generics, IR, XR, etc...
I am wondering if anyone HAS taken THIS particular capsule and can tell me the difference between any or all of the other...There are SOOOOO many different generics, pills, capsules, it's making my head spin before I even take them?
If it's a XR or IR...what if any or the side effects...how long does it last in your system, etc..
any info would be helpful as I'm really nervous to take it for fear of side effects!
I've heard I will have insomnia, I've heard it will cause me to have bad headaches...I want to know if it will cause me any gastro issues besides an appetite suppressant and if it will cause me to be jittery or have anxiety, can I possibly cut the dose in half to see what it will be like first????!?!/
Help!!
Thanks so much in advance.

You have Adderall XR 20mg. Whether generic or not I don't know. Pill bottle will say which you have. The manufacturers of Adderall XR are Global and TEVA. Both make the pill in generic and name brand. You can't tell the difference between either manufacturer or whether you have generic/name brand cause it all looks the same.

Adderall IR is made by a sleuth of different manufacturers. TEVA, Sandoz, EON Labs, Corepharma, Mallincrodkt (however it's spelled). To pick a favorite out of them, WELL; that is for you to decide.
The Following User Says Thank You to twinch42085 For This Useful Post:
frostyboxx (02-02-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-11, 11:23 AM
Contributor

Unbelievable is a glorious beacon of lightUnbelievable is a glorious beacon of lightUnbelievable is a glorious beacon of lightUnbelievable is a glorious beacon of lightUnbelievable is a glorious beacon of light

For the future, drigs.com has a online pill identifier. You can put in a description of your pill and they'll tell you what it is and who made it.
Old 02-02-11, 12:56 PM
Banned

Jester is a jewel in the roughJester is a jewel in the roughJester is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
For the future, drugs.com has a online pill identifier. You can put in a description of your pill and they'll tell you what it is and who made it.
The pill identifier on that site is a good tool. I use it often and I can find most pills. Too bad that the forum section is filled with addicts, crackheads and morons. Kind of ruins the site. I quit that forum after a day of use, it's unbelievable.

Like, there was this opioid addict that had to undergo some surgery. The problem was that he couldn't take opioids for the pain because that would bring back the urges to do dope. So I suggested Algocalmin since it's a strong non opioid painkiller. My God did they jump me! They started saying it would be bad for his health because this and this side effect etc. and that I should take it myself and not suggest it to others. I'm like, if he cares so much about his health then why did he shove dope in his arm like a pig for 5 years?

Everyone there is below 60IQ. I don't mind posting on a harm reduction forum but people there are profoundly stupid.