ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Dexedrine/Dextrostat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Dexedrine/Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine)

Old 02-02-11, 06:27 PM

abooth3 is a jewel in the roughabooth3 is a jewel in the roughabooth3 is a jewel in the rough
What pharmacies carry Dexedrine?

None of the pharmacies in my area had Dexedrine in stock, so I had to have Brookshire's order it for me. Wal-Mart couldn't even do that. Do any of you know of chain pharmacies that have it in the building? [I'm in Texas if that helps]. Curious to know where to get my scripts filled if I do not want to wait a week...
Old 02-02-11, 08:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,290 Times in 1,190 Posts
buddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant future
Re: What pharmacies carry Dexedrine?

I take Dexedrine & have a real hard time filling it at any pharms. in my area.I live in upstate New York though.Wal-Mart wouldn't fill it for me either.We have mostly CVS,Walgreens,Rite Aid & Kinneys drug stores in our area.None of them would fill my prescription so I go to a small Mom & Pop pharmacy &
they were happy to order it for me.It costs me about $80 for a 90 day supply.Best of luck to you.

buddy
The Following User Says Thank You to buddy For This Useful Post:
abooth3 (02-02-11)
Old 02-02-11, 10:51 PM

abooth3 is a jewel in the roughabooth3 is a jewel in the roughabooth3 is a jewel in the rough

It seems pretty difficult, the pharmacy I went to had to order it. I may just order it straight from my insurance company in the future...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-11, 03:54 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

twinch42085 has a spectacular aura abouttwinch42085 has a spectacular aura about

I live in Western North Carolina and have found dexedrine to be one stimulant that pharmacies do not keep in stock, BUT when having my dexedrine script filled (90 pills @ 5mg each) I have never waited longer than 2 days. That is at wal-mart where the average wait time is 3 hours.

I have used walmart, kmart, CVS, and two privately owned pharmacies. My choice would be to choose a private pharmacy because they are faster. I can hand deliver 4 scripts at the private pharmacy and wait no longer than 15 minutes.

When I had my desoxyn script filled I called wal-mart to see how long of a wait it would be to get the medicine (desoxyn not being in stock which is understandable) and I would have had to wait "2 weeks" @ wal-mart as to the private pharmacy where my wait was 1 day. Huge Difference!
Old 02-07-11, 08:03 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,328 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

My Kroger stocks generic dextroamphetamine sulfate, but even within chains, what drugs are stocked are based on demand and risk. For example, my store does not stock several strengths of OxyContin because the pain clinics write prescriptions for abusers so frequently, it's easier to just not carry it than deal with the drug abusers.