ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-11, 09:25 PM

fatif is on a distinguished road
On lucid dreaming.

For years now I've heard people talk about lucid dreaming and how hard it is to train yourself to do it. It never really interested me so I didn't know what it was, just some sort of dreaming, until someone explained it to me a while ago. I said, "what? I do that every night. That's how I get to sleep."

I don't have control of my dreams ALL the time, but there are random ones where I do, and falling asleep I always do. There was once a time where I broke away from a dream and did a short math problem in my head to answer a question in the dream. Most of the time, I'm not myself, either. The view is always as if a bird high up in a tree is watching, but in the dream I'm a person and I can move and talk and such, but I don't see through that persons eyes. I do all kinds of things. I love dreaming.

Does anyone else lucid dream fairly often?
The Following User Says Thank You to fatif For This Useful Post:
Komod0Dragon (02-26-11)
Old 02-12-11, 03:29 AM
Contributor

toothpick has a spectacular aura abouttoothpick has a spectacular aura about
Re: On lucid dreaming.

haha you know that kind of reminds me ofwhen i tried to learn to control dreams but either it takes time, the method was bs or not for me. i got one weird dream that has stuck in my mind and the rest just seem to slip the memory i have. but i am really tired so i must go and try to attempt this now =-) happy dreaming. only one i can remember was terrible.
Old 02-13-11, 07:11 AM

KennyD has a spectacular aura aboutKennyD has a spectacular aura about

I lucid dream very often and if I am not in full control the vividness is astonishing. I tell people that I literally lead 2 lives: the conscience life and the unconsciousness life. I too find dreaming just fascinating but I take a less Freudian look at it and I take it as it is instead of trying to find out what it means. One weird thing I notice with myself is that I enter REM sleep almost instantaneously, I've had lucid dreams from a 1 hour nap which is really odd? The other day I took a quick nap on a lunch break and had a crazy lucid dream about breaking out of a prison (lol) and I felt like I slept literally for 8 hours but it was 45min, crazy stuff. GREAT THREAD!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-11, 10:51 PM
ADDvanced Member

Komod0Dragon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatif View Post
Does anyone else lucid dream fairly often?
Like you, I cannot always control my dreams but the majority of the time I have some sort of power of decision making in the dreams.

I may realize I'm dreaming and take control of everything or just choose to keep it simple by just acknowledging to myself that this is a dream and to continue with the 'path' I'm currently in.

Out of 30 days a week, I usually dream for about 25 of those days. Out of that, I'd say at least 17 are lucid dreams.

I do not keep records, unfortunately.
Old 02-28-11, 12:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,071 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

i can practically never remember any of my dreams