ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-04, 12:37 PM

Earthgirl is on a distinguished road
31 year old woman, just been diagnosed with ADD

Hello everybody!

I was diagnosed with ADD a week ago - and since then this forum has been a god-send to me (I've been a prime lurker since last Monday). What I am about to say has been said so many times before, but discovering and then being diagnosed with ADD has been like a lightbulb coming on in my brain. The last 20 years of my life suddenly MAKE SENSE and I feel less of an 'incomplete' person. To suddenly find out that the reason you have been struggling through all of your life is not your 'fault' is.....well, there just aren't words to describe it.

I am now coming to terms with this (and the fact that I have started on Ritalin) and am now the most positive I've been about my future in an awful long time.

I am based in London, England. I had a look at the UK section of this forum and will be posting there too, but it didn't seem to have much activity going on - so I hope it's ok if I post on this 'stateside' site.

Anyway, enough waffling from me. I look forward to learning more from this forum - and hopefully contributing in a positive way.

Earthgirl
Old 08-16-04, 01:26 PM
Contributor

Stranger is on a distinguished road
Welcome!

You are in the "Aha!" stage of ADD awareness, when the explanation of what has plagued you your whole life is made manifest, and you are full of hope at your chances for a wonderful life. Feels good, eh?
Old 08-16-04, 02:08 PM
ADDvanced Member

AntyNet is on a distinguished road
Talking Hi Earthgirl!

I, too, am in the "ah-ha!" stage of my journey with ADHD, so I know exactly how you feel. But I have yet to try any meds for it (15 days and counting until the "first" apointment). Look forward to hearing much more from you about your journey!

-AntyNet
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-04, 02:21 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,042 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the ADD Forums! If you're looking for interaction at the "Country" level, then feel free to post in your respective country's section of the Forums. Of course, you're always welcome to to post in the "International" sections (just about everywhere else) of the forums.

Again, welcome!

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 08-16-04, 04:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

jaimegerise has disabled reputation
Welcome EarthGirl!!!
Old 04-14-17, 10:22 AM

niyany is on a distinguished road
Re: 31 year old woman, just been diagnosed with ADD

welcome!