ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-11, 09:24 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,168 Times in 9,375 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cyclothymia & ADHD Diagnoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova2012 View Post
I think you might be overanalyzing what he said or meant, although perhaps his wording could have been a little clearer. From my interpretation, he just meant that he doesn't want to let his disorders rule his life; he wants to take control of them, live a normal life, and feels empowered to do so.
I've already finished this with him in PMs, but If he had meant that then he should have said that instead of making it about how this subset of disabled people are bad, and using language that could be used to describe any of us - including him - on a bad day.

His wording could have left out the crutch sentence entirely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
danielj (03-04-11)
Old 03-04-11, 09:46 PM
Contributor

ADHDKylee is a jewel in the roughADHDKylee is a jewel in the roughADHDKylee is a jewel in the rough

I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 15.. Then Cyclothymia this year at age 17. When I was hospitalized in December, it was because I wasn't eating, sleeping, talking to people, going to school, I would cry because of anything, I was extremely sad all the time, and I was hurting myself. In the hospital, I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 Disorder with Psychotic Features because I had a major depressive episode and that changed my diagnosis. I'm on Lithium and Risperdal for my Bipolar, and Concerta for my ADHD. It works really well. I don't have manic episodes anymore, the voices are nearly gone, and my ADHD is a lot better too. I think they're debating adding an antidepressant for the depression too, but right now I'm doing better, and the ADHD medicine I take doesn't affect my Bipolar, because that was a concern for my doctor. I hope this all works out for you, because it definitely can.
Old 03-04-11, 10:39 PM
ADDvanced Member

danielj is on a distinguished road

I am still learning how to word things so please be patient. It is really hard for me to express my thoughts without getting them all jumbled up
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-11, 10:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
I've already finished this with him in PMs, but If he had meant that then he should have said that instead of making it about how this subset of disabled people are bad, and using language that could be used to describe any of us - including him - on a bad day.

I promise to all of us that I will work on wording it differently
The Following User Says Thank You to danielj For This Useful Post:
Fortune (03-04-11)
Old 03-05-11, 12:36 AM
Forum ADDvocate

nova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I agree that his wording could have been better. I acknowledged that. But we're all human, and we're not perfect. We've all said things we've later regretted, wished we could reword, or knew offended others. I've put my foot in my mouth more times than I can count, and I'm sure that you have too.
Old 03-05-11, 12:57 AM
I eat shades of red.

Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree that his wording could have been better. I acknowledged that. But we're all human, and we're not perfect. We've all said things we've later regretted, wished we could reword, or knew offended others. I've put my foot in my mouth more times than I can count, and I'm sure that you have too.
I never claimed or asked for perfection. I brought it up so he'd know. When I've offended others, I've apologized when it was pointed out. When I have been on the receiving end of the same sort of thing I said to danielj, I apologized and adjusted and moved on.

I am curious what it is you're defending - do you have the impression I was commenting on the quality of his character? From his posts I think he's a pretty decent guy.

I'm confused as to what exactly we're discussing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
nova2012 (03-05-11)
Old 03-05-11, 01:05 AM
Forum ADDvocate

nova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to beholdnova2012 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I never claimed or asked for perfection. I brought it up so he'd know. When I've offended others, I've apologized when it was pointed out. When I have been on the receiving end of the same sort of thing I said to danielj, I apologized and adjusted and moved on.

I am curious what it is you're defending - do you have the impression I was commenting on the quality of his character?
I thought your post came across a little bluntly and over-critically. It actually did seem, at least to me, like you were nitpicking. But I realize that you thought you had, and very well may have, a legitimate bone to pick with what he said. It just isn't something that registered with me as being particularly important in the grand scheme of things. Then again, neither does arguing about the argument. It's good you have worked it out and that danielj was quite gracious about it.
Old 03-05-11, 01:25 AM
I eat shades of red.

Quote:
I thought your post came across a little bluntly and over-critically. It actually did seem, at least to me, like you were nitpicking. But I realize that you thought you had, and very well may have, a legitimate bone to pick with what he said. It just isn't something that registered with me as being particularly important in the grand scheme of things. Then again, neither does arguing about the argument. It's good you have worked it out and that danielj was quite gracious about it.
I actually apologized to danielj for coming on too strongly. I probably should have PMed him rather than bring it up here, but let's say my tactful front was slipping this afternoon and I was communicating in a manner that comes more naturally and comfortably to me, at the expense of causing more strife.

Fun times, right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
danielj (03-07-11), nova2012 (03-05-11)
Old 03-05-11, 02:05 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Quote:
I actually apologized to danielj for coming on too strongly. I probably should have PMed him rather than bring it up here, but let's say my tactful front was slipping this afternoon and I was communicating in a manner that comes more naturally and comfortably to me, at the expense of causing more strife.

Fun times, right?
I honestly figured something like what you're describing had happened, i.e. that you didn't have any malicious intentions and just said what was on your mind. I'm sometimes a little too blunt, too. I guess I was just trying to get clarification on your message in a circuitous way.

Fun times for sure. So fun that let's all kiss and make up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nova2012 For This Useful Post:
danielj (03-07-11), Fortune (03-05-11)
Old 03-07-11, 01:11 PM
ADDvanced Member

I don't know what it is but it seems as though bluntness is something we all face

I am just getting really excited to be getting on with treatment!
The Following User Says Thank You to danielj For This Useful Post:
nova2012 (03-07-11)
Old 03-07-11, 08:29 PM
I eat shades of red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj View Post
I don't know what it is but it seems as though bluntness is something we all face
Maybe...

Quote:
I am just getting really excited to be getting on with treatment!
That's good to hear.
Old 10-31-17, 04:53 PM

Kreeny62 is on a distinguished road

Hey the Dan, I'm 55 now but was diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety, depression 5 years ago. I take vyvanse for my ADHD (wonderful btw) and started on Effexor for depression and Xanax for my anxiety and panic attacks. Life has been crazy and I still felt very anxious, impulsive, agitated much of the time but blamed ADHD. New Dr changed Effexor to Lexapro but after 6 mths still the same. New Psychiatrist (moved) tried Prozac which was worse and 2 months ago my new (moved again) Psychiatrist looked at me and said were gonna try something different. He prescribed Valdoxan, new AD but can stop whenever and less side effects as others. He also mentioned Cyclical Mood Disorder to me, never heard of this. Anyway after a month of terrible anxiety and only real relief has been Xanax 1/2 mg lunch and night but a dangerous drug I know this. Yesterday at my Dr appointment I was officially diagnosed with Cylothymia or Cyclical Mood Disorder!!!! I was glad tttt cause the last 10yrs has been hell for me but mainly others. So Dr explained that AD exacerbates the moods, hence so much anxiety. He stopped any more AD and has prescribed Lithicarb 250mg @ night, with blood test in 10 days.
I know I have only taken 1 tab but I can tell already my anxiety has lessened by the way I woke and my foot twitch is weaker this morning. Once my moods are stable I will need to attend a Rehab Clinic to come off Xanax and retrain my brain lol.
I'm actually happy about this diagnosis, it explains so much and I've isolated myself from friends and family because my actions and mouth cause so much hurt. I've stopped all of my creative interests, stopped going out socially and avoided relationships.
Maybe in a couple of months I'll be able to open up about my mental health to them and try and mend some broken pieces. Hope this is of help ✌🏼️🐿😃 Karina