ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat > Fun & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Fun & Games Last Post, Word Games, etc.

View Poll Results: What type are you??
ENFP 78 13.59%
INFP 135 23.52%
ENFJ 14 2.44%
INFJ 37 6.45%
ESTJ 3 0.52%
ISTJ 18 3.14%
ESFJ 5 0.87%
ISFJ 13 2.26%
ENTP 27 4.70%
INTP 116 20.21%
ENTJ 9 1.57%
INTJ 49 8.54%
ESTP 8 1.39%
ISTP 20 3.48%
ESFP 17 2.96%
ISFP 25 4.36%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-03, 10:47 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

misclee is on a distinguished road
Temperement type

Wondering if ADD/ADHD is associated with a particular temperament type. I'm an INFP/INFJ--I get one or the other everytime I've taken the test over the past several years.

If you're not sure, you can check out these sites:

http://www.typelogic.com/

http://www.personalitypage.com/

http://www.advisorteam.com/temperame...er.asp?partid=
avjgirsijdhtjhs (11-19-10), cwatca (07-30-09)
Old 04-12-03, 10:51 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

PS

Sorry, I meant to make it so you could pick more than one!
Old 04-14-03, 11:25 PM
Joanrdtobe

Oh excellent...the Myers Briggs personality inventory...I did this a long time ago and STILL remember what I am: ESFJ and it fits me to a tee.....thanks for bringing this up!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-03, 04:07 PM
Contributor

unreal33 is on a distinguished road
What Myers-Briggs Personality type are you? Take the test!

All:

There's a link to the Myers-Briggs/Jung Personality test here:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Personally, I am an ENFP. (The "Idealist") What are each of you? This would be a great discussion topic, I think.
Melunie324 (09-03-09)
Old 05-17-03, 05:22 PM
Favorite "Aunt Joan" to Little Jessica

joanrdtobe will become famous soon enough
Well thanks Eric for this....I had taken this some time ago..and was ESFJ....and as the Simon and Garfunkle lyrics in the song the Boxer say "After changes upon changes we are more or less the same, we are more or less the same"....anyway, I take it again, and it comes out exactly the same - ESFJ!....(extroverted, sensing, feeling, judging) with extremes in sensing and feeling). And this is ME precisely.....this only takes a few minutes.....

"If you change the way you look at things -- the things you look at change"

Dr. Wayne Dyer (The Power of Intention)
Old 05-17-03, 07:30 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,647 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
I got to question 21 and couldnt concentrate anymore...lol. Guess I'll come back when I'm more focused.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 05-17-03, 10:27 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by joanrdtobe
anyway, I take it again, and it comes out exactly the same - ESFJ
Interesting... I always tested out, after my divorce anyway, at ENFJ. But now I come out consistently as ENFP. I've gone from the "teacher" to the "idealist" in styles. Funny how just a couple years can change how these tests come out.
Old 05-17-03, 10:50 PM

very interesting.....indeed.........still extroverted and still feeling.....me too.... I bet lots of ADD'ers will be those too.....

Old 05-18-03, 03:16 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanks unreal33, I'm still an INFP. I wondered because the test is so different, but yep, it's still me!
Old 05-18-03, 01:47 PM

so you two (misclee and unreal) are practically the same....off by the introvert/extrovert thing.

Okay: So unreal is: ENFP; Misclee is INFP; Joan is ESFJ (we all have the "F")

anyone else??

Old 05-19-03, 01:47 PM
Contributor

I completely forgot to answer the poll! I'm ENFP, as I said before
Old 05-20-03, 01:37 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

healthwiz will become famous soon enough
ENFP

very expressed extrovert
very expressed intuitive

The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and extraverted when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world. They can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them; they must experience, first hand, all the significant social events that affect our lives. And then they are eager to relate the stories they've uncovered, hoping to disclose the "truth" of people and issues, and to advocate causes. This strong drive to unveil current events can make them tireless in conversing with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.

Champions consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life, although they can never quite shake the feeling that a part of themselves is split off, uninvolved in the experience. Thus, while they strive for emotional congruency, they often see themselves in some danger of losing touch with their real feelings, which eNFps possess in a wide range and variety. In the same vein, eNFps strive toward a kind of spontaneous personal authenticity, and this intention always to "be themselves" is usually communicated nonverbally to others, who find it quite attractive. All too often, however, eNFps fall short in their efforts to be authentic, and they tend to heap coals of fire on themselves, berating themselves for the slightest self-conscious role-playing.

While the shy, seclusive Monastics (Myers's "INFPs") devote themselves largely to cultivating inner purity, the high-spirited Advocates (Myers's "ENFPs") turn their energies outward to investigate the public world and to develop their social awareness. Keirsey calls the Advocates "keen and penetrating observers," who "can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them." And he has referred to them both as "Apocalyptics" and "Heralds" because of their fervent desire to spread the news of their experience of good and evil.

Brimming with life, Advocates live more spontaneously "in-the-flesh" than Monastics, and at first glance they can be rather easily mistaken for Artisans. But more than simply seeking the excitement of new experiences, Advocates are interested in understanding the significance of things, and more than simply taking people as they find them, Advocates care about nurturing ethical and sympathetic social relationships. To be sure (and unlike the impulsive Artisans), Advocates are serious and conscientious in their relationships, wanting to nourish human potential and to awaken what they believe to be the latent morality in their fellow-men. In a word, Advocates are romantic in their relation to the real world, seeing high drama in their quest for life, and hearing an irresistible call to enlighten those around them.

IDEALIST NFs, being ABSTRACT in communicating and COOPERATIVE in implementing goals, can become highly skilled in DIPLOMATIC INTEGRATION. Thus their most practiced and developed intelligent operations are usually teaching and counseling (NFJ mentoring), or conferring and tutoring (NFP advocating). And they would if they could be sages in one of these forms of social development. The Idealist temperament have an instinct for interpersonal integration, learn ethics with ever increasing zeal, sometimes become diplomatic leaders, and often speak interpretively and metaphorically of the abstract world of their imagination.

They are proud of themselves in the degree they are empathic in action, respect themselves in the degree they are benevolent, and feel confident of themselves in the degree they are authentic. Idealist types search for their unique identity, hunger for deep and meaningful relationships, wish for a little romance each day, trust their intuitive feelings implicitly, aspire for profundity. This is the "Identity Seeking Personality" -- credulous about the future, mystical about the past, and their preferred time and place are the future and the pathway. Educationally they go for the humanities, avocationally for ethics, and vocationally for personnel work.

Social relationships: In their family interactions they strive for mutuality, provide spiritual intimacy for the mates, opportunity for fantasy for their children, and for themselves continuous self-renewal. Idealists do not abound, being as few as 8% and nor more than 10% of the population.

"Don't let the diagnosis buckle you at the knees." (me).

"It ain't what ya don't know what gits ya inter trouble-- t's tha stuff ya know fer sure what ain't so!" Artemus Ward, written about a century ago.

"Rescue us, oh ADD angel, if you exist - from the attention by those who seek to limit us from our own unlimitations, who bind us in straw nots with arguments that hold no hay!" (me)

Last edited by healthwiz; 05-20-03 at 01:47 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to healthwiz For This Useful Post:
Melunie324 (09-03-09)
Old 05-21-03, 12:01 PM
Contributor

Wow... I found a GREAT link on Myers-Briggs types and ADD people!

http://borntoexplore.org/tempquotes.htm

Here are some quotes from this article:

"ENTP, ENFP, INFP, and INTP: These are the easily the most common temperaments on the internet for adults who say they are ADD, although they make up a total of less than 10 percent of the general population..."

"There is something about this combination which just seems to make people lose their car keys - and love the Internet."

Anyway... go read this article... good stuff!
Old 05-21-03, 12:27 PM

Well, the ENTP, ENFP, INFP and INTP seem to include everybody that has shared their results here except ME...I am ESFJ...am I STRANGE or something??? I did read article and I DO lose keys, LOVE the internet, and have some of the traits described in article...oh well....thanks Eric....

Old 05-21-03, 01:08 PM
Contributor

No, I don't think you're strange... I just don't think in this -- as in anything in life -- there are any "absolutes". For a long time, I self-scored as an ENFJ. Only recently was I listing myself as an ENFP based on my most recent test... so I think it's just saying that it's more *prevalent* in those personality types. I am sure you'd find ADD people in nearly any segment of the population, if you took a cross-section of all the different personality types.

Interesting, though, that someone took a look at just this issue. Even if it is a subjective and relatively unscientific article. Our little poll here would be even more interesting if we had more respondents.