ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 03-07-11, 02:04 AM

confuzzled2011 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Can't focus or complete a task

I am self employed and stressed up to my eyeballs... suffering with insomnia (on sleeping pills which mostly works still have the odd night when they don't) at the moment too mentioned the thoughts of having ADD or ADHD to the doctor due to never being able to focus on anything.... whether work or tv. I can't even watch a 30 mins TV show with pausing it and going to check emails or talk to someone. I have tried relaxation mp3s and things like that but never finish them or my mind wonders whilst listening to them. It is really starting to affect my life now..... Do I have ADD or ADHD.... Also as I am on escitalopram 10mg to deal with my stressful life - not long term Doc says its a boost. I just feel so unorganised and can never complete anything.... I have tryed list writing never finish them and stuff.... HELP lol.... ok Im rambling now...
Old 03-07-11, 07:03 AM
Forum Guru

mad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to beholdmad83 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Can't focus or complete a task

Sounds like you might have ADD. Though if I may ask how are you self employed if you don't complete anything?

I have the same problem with television. It takes me two hours to watch a half hour show because I feel like I should be doing something productive.

Even though you said list writing doesn't help, have you tried just putting down ONE thing and getting it done that day? Even if it's just taking out the garbage? I tried this and I'm up to 10 things a day! Some of them can take all day.
Old 03-07-11, 07:22 AM

confuzzled2011 is on a distinguished road

I'm trying organise my office and my emails to help stop me wasting time... that's the plan.

I run several online company's. I outsource the customer service and logistics part of my businesses. I just deal with high end clients please I do all the SEO and websites. SEO is like link building and stuff so always stuff to do. I just seemed to get overwhelmed by things.

:-)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-11, 12:08 PM
Jr Member

budfox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm845 View Post
Sounds like you might have ADD. Though if I may ask how are you self employed if you don't complete anything?

I have the same problem with television. It takes me two hours to watch a half hour show because I feel like I should be doing something productive.

Even though you said list writing doesn't help, have you tried just putting down ONE thing and getting it done that day? Even if it's just taking out the garbage? I tried this and I'm up to 10 things a day! Some of them can take all day.
Hey, never been diagnosed but believe this is something I have. I can so relate to not been able to complete task. I like the ideal of a 1 a day task. Wondering though if you have been diagnosed with ADD and taking medication for it ? Thanks !!!
Old 03-07-11, 12:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

adhdwptsd has a spectacular aura aboutadhdwptsd has a spectacular aura about

Great website called totallyadd They have a ton of info on ADHD, great videos, forums, free everything. It offers tons of tips on organization and etc. check it out
The Following User Says Thank You to adhdwptsd For This Useful Post:
confuzzled2011 (03-07-11)