ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 03-25-11, 11:53 AM
ADDvanced Member

superstressed will become famous soon enough
Excessive Sweating with Adderall

I notice that whenever I take Adderall, I sweat a lot. Has this happened to anyone else? Could this be a possible side effect?
Old 03-25-11, 01:08 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

PedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Excessive Sweating with Adderall

Yep. I sweat a LOT more when exercising while on Adderall. I think it is a side-effect of activating the flight or fight response.
Old 03-25-11, 01:48 PM

fmeffem is on a distinguished road

The sweating can often be attributed to the levo-amphetamine component of Adderall; the quarter of the drug that is supposed to give it it's quick onset and the figurative "kick in the pants." l-amphetamine I believed to be said to work on more on norepinephrine (deals with the aforementioned fight/flight response) in the Brain as well as more on the peripheral nervous system leading to more physical side effects, notably shaking, sweating, physical anxiety etc.

This problem should decrease in time but if it does not, you may want to consider asking your doctor about pure dextroamphetamine (dexedrine) as it has almost all the focus/concentration effects of adderall without the associated, mostly l-amphetamine induced side effects of shakiness, sweating and the like. The only problem is that there is often an unwarranted sigma of increased drug abuse with it, so be sure you know your doc well before suggesting a drug like it. Hope that helps

FM
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-11, 06:38 PM
Jr Member

punman has disabled reputation

I definitely notice it as well. Just sitting in my chair at work I'll stand up and find out that my back is sweaty (attractive, I know!) Small price to pay for the ability to actually remain seated in that chair and accomplish actual work.